Search This Blog

About This Blog

This blog is primarily cake-recipe based, but, from time to time, I will include some savoury ones too. I also like to write about my travels and encounters, especially if they involve great food. I speak as I find. Opinions expressed are my own, and not sponsored, requested, or paid for by others, unless specifically stated.

Translate this page to your language

Monday 26 March 2012

A Country Fayre

Yesterday, we took a mini road-trip to Co. Kildare.  We were heading to Caragh Nurseries to visit their Spring Country Fayre.  When I heard my friends from OldFarm were going  to be there with their fabulous free-range pork products being cooked on the Big Green Egg by Caroline and Liam Whelan, well, that was reason enough!
Caragh is a very pretty, well-kept village, located a few miles outside Naas.  The weather was glorious, 22C, and perfect for an outdoor event.


It did turn into a mini-tweet-up after a while!  I met up with Armelle, who makes the best macarons I've had in a long time!  I also met Wendy from "My Chef at Home", then, a few minutes later, Fiona, introduced herself and her daughter to me and my Hubs.


Here is a summary in pictures of the rest of the day.
       
Eggs in a box, laid earlier in the day, A Sussex Ponte, and a real Poser for the camera!



A Selection of the goodies on offer from Armelle's Bakery, Kilcullen, Co. Kildare
 Now, that's a polytunnel!
Glass-house filled with all kinds of plants

Pine and Jasmine
 Table-top Sized Green Egg, and Big Green Egg.  They are BBQ's, by the way!
 
Patchwork Veg were also there, showing, amongst other things, their Raised Beds

The day was very enjoyable, just strolling around, taking it all in.  It was made even better by the wonderful sunshine, and meeting new twitter-folks.

  A great way to spend a Sunday Afternoon

12 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a great day for socializing! We have a crested Sussex and they are very 'proud' Roosters. I love them all of course. Glad to see you had a nice day Colette and hope this lovely stretch of summer continues for a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was indeed, Móna, and meeting the other Twitter-folk was a happy accident! I thought the birds were fascinating. There were more, such as Silkies (so pretty), Bluebells, Columbian Blacktails, and Speckled Rock. Too many to include pictures of, but all beautiful creatures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to meet you and John on Sunday Colette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fiona, great to meet you too. It was a great day :)

      Delete
  4. It seems like a wonderful day. Meeting tweeter followers in real nice is so nice. And I would love to try these macarons :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, Magda. The weather was fantastic, and we had a lovely afternoon :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for your lovely comments and phots of the fayre so glad that you enjoyed the day. It was a wonderful weekend but sorry didn't get to say hi I was so busy - really good complaint! Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Jo. Sorry I didn't get to meet with you either, but, as you say a great complaint to be busy. Lovely day all around, and we will be back to visit soon :)

      Delete
  6. Great photos.... you got to see so much more than me! I was doing my sales pitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margaret. I know, business is business after all! A great afternon, all round.

      Delete
  7. Thanks allot Colette for taking some photos. You should have shouted at me to say hello. It was a fantastic weekend. The next one will be even better.
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're very welcome, Seán. Each time we went passed your area, you were busy with customers, which is a great sign. I will be sure to say "hello" next time :)

    ReplyDelete